Senior Associate - Corporate Health
Job no: 770650
Business unit: Business and Private
Position location: VIC, Melbourne, 395 Bourke St
Work type: Permanent Full time
Location: Aust - VIC Metro, Aust - NSW Metro
- Deal Structuring & Execution (DS&E) role supporting NAB Corporate Health
- Diverse & fast-paced role operating in a dynamic environment
- Full time opportunity based at our Sydney or Melbourne office
A career that gives you more
Deal Structuring and Execution (DS&E) provide a bespoke service proposition to aligned Bankers for larger, complex credit intensive customers to help drive positive NPS results, improved risk management and growth. DS&E teams work closely with Bankers, Product teams and Specialised Credit to manage B&PB’s largest customer portfolios.
This Senior Associate role will provide dedicated support to our Bankers in NAB Corporate Health. NAB Corporate Health fund some of the most important infrastructure and industries in our communities and is a specialised banking business created to provide comprehensive financial solutions to customers within the healthcare and government, education & community sectors. Having experienced senior credit structuring capability matched with sectoral knowledge, frees up banker capacity to focus on winning in the market with the comfort that execution will be delivered in a timely and appropriate fashion.
As a Senior Associate DS&E – NAB Corporate Health you will
- Manage workflow and prioritise activities to meet customer’s expectations and provide exceptional service
- Assisting in the preparation of complex and sophisticated customer lending applications to ensure they are completed in line with company standards
- Drives and supports the portfolio management process (including covenant monitoring and credit excesses management)
- Attending customer meetings when appropriate
- Assisting customers with various transaction, product and service information as requested
- Educating customers about the available digital channels to simplify the customer experience and enhance their needs
- Completion of financial modelling tasks and interpretation of complex financial and property transaction information for both property investment and development lending transactions
- Negotiation of terms and conditions with customers and credit
- Contribute to the quality, consistency and continuous improvement practices/activities in the DS&E team with emphasis on the quality of credit submissions and management of business risks
- Lead, coach and mentor the associates in the team alongside the Associate Director
What you will bring
The Deal Structuring & Execution team are looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Associate to join them in supporting the NAB Corporate Health and GEC team in NSW. Reporting to the Associate Director, the Senior Associate position is a key senior team member that provides credit analysis, deal execution and portfolio risk management functions and support to the Corporate Health team within Business & Private Bank (B&PB). You’ll be directly involved in all aspects of portfolio management and the client relationship. Furthermore, you’ll have an opportunity to build on your existing credit/analytical skills and client relationship skills and play a key role in driving superior client outcomes and delivering world class client relationships.
- Previous business banking and commercial lending experience – ideally gained in a Corporate or Institutional Banking environment
- Tertiary qualifications in Finance, Business (or related discipline)
- demonstrate strong skills in credit, financial modelling, transaction structuring and documentation
- Exceptional inter-personal skills and stakeholders’ managements skills
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment
This is a full time permanent opportunity offering great flexibility between working from home and working in the office based in Sydney CBD or Melbourne.
NAB, invested in you
NAB colleagues will be provided a unique level of education and qualification that will be an industry first in Australia and New Zealand. This qualification will further build NAB colleagues’ skills, capabilities and confidence in order to best serve customers; and will raise the bar for professionalism within the financial services industry.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and have a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are committed to gender equality and are proud of our AWEI LGBTI Gold employer status and being a Work180 endorsed employer for Women. We have committed $70bn in financing to help address climate change and provide 2 days of paid leave each year through our employee volunteering program to support community organisations.
We support our colleagues to be their best by offering a wide range of financial, lifestyle, health & wellbeing benefits. For more information please visit here.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let’s explore who you are and what drives you. We’d love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
*Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Apply now Refer a friend Back to search results
Closing: AUS Eastern Daylight Time