Full Stack Java Engineer
Job no: 745787
Business unit: Technology and Operations
Position location: NSW, Sydney, 255 George St
Work type: Permanent Full time
Location: Aust - NSW Metro
We are looking for experienced Software Engineers and Senior Software Engineers with a proven track record in Java and related technologies.
As a successful candidate you will be passionate about programming, work to the highest standards and are interested in learning new things. You are analytical and critical in your thinking and able to come up with innovative solutions for challenging problems. You can work independently front-to-back but are also a strong team player. You feel responsible for your work and take ownership right from inception to final delivery of the code. You can communicate successfully with both technical colleagues and our business stakeholders and showcase your delivered code.
About the team
The FX technology team operates across Melbourne, Sydney and London and has end-to-end ownership of the software development process. We apply Agile SDLC practices with frequent incremental deliveries to production, and achieve a high degree of automated test coverage. We believe in the advantage of open source software and follow the company wide push towards resilient micro-services hosted in public cloud, or co-located with other market participants where low latency connectivity is essential.
What would I be doing?
- Work with business and technology stakeholders to understand and analyse business processes and user requirements to establish realisable specifications
- Design, implement, test and deploy software solutions that meet the agreed specifications
- Write well-designed, testable program code and automated tests
- Continuously improve and enhance and existing software where necessary
- Integrate software components into a fully functional system
- Analyse production incidents when they occur and help work on fixes to resolve problems
- Document and communicate your work throughout the whole SDLC
What skills/experience do I need?
- Highly proficient at core Java programming (full stack end-to-end)
- Strong Java UI development experience (e.g. Swing or JavaFX)
- Experience with open source Java frameworks, e.g. Spring
- Automated component or system testing experience
- Confident with Linux operating systems
- Tertiary qualification in Software Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of software development experience, preferably in Finance or mission-critical systems
Other Highly Desirable skills would be:
- Continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) using e.g. Jenkins or Bamboo
- Experience with ‘container’ technology (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Public cloud hosting, esp. Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Understanding of high-availability design
- Low-latency and/or reliable messaging for distributed systems (E.g. Kafka, Aeron or similar)
- Strong understanding of multi-threading and low latency data structures
- NoSQL database and/or in-memory cache technologies
- Financial markets domain knowledge (foreign exchange in particular)
If you think you’ve got what it takes to thrive in a high-pressure, fast paced environment and want to drive your career forward, then we’d love to hear from you!
(You need to be a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold a permanent residency visa to apply.)
We embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we serve.
At NAB we support workplace flexibility. Have a chat to us about how this can work for you…
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend Back to search results