Senior Performance Engineer (mobile)
Job no: 744193
Business unit: Technology and Operations
Position location: VIC, Docklands, 700 Bourke St
Work type: Permanent Full time
Location: Aust - VIC Metro
At NAB, we believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too.
The goal of the Mobile Service is to design, develop and maintain the National Australia Bank suite of mobile and microservice applications, including our flagship NAB Mobile Banking and NAB Connect Mobile applications.
Your new role awaits
As a Senior Performance Engineer on the mobile team, you would build robust automated test solutions that support the verification of new products and our engineering processes. You’d work across multiple squads collaborating with individual developers and manager engineers on unit test strategy, test solutions and help identify code coverage targets.
You will be driving a culture that enables the team to deliver fast, efficient, and responsive systems architected for large-scale populations of customers, employees, regulators, managers, and more.
Additionally, you will be providing consultation to development and operational teams, building performance into products and help identify root cause issues/resolutions to performance problems within the existing platforms.
Additionally, you will be:
- Developing tools / or dashboards to analyse performance characteristics of:
- Native mobile apps, including device statistics
- Different microservices
- Opportunities to work with the vertical service and wider domain to optimise strategies for usage workloads:
- Reducing calls to interfaces / backends
- Asynchronous service designs
- Container and Application Runtime
- Cloud technologies
- Ensuring a solution will be designed, implemented, and operationally supported to meet non-functional requirements for performance (examples include throughput, latency, or memory usage)
- Ensuring Design / Architecture changes are assessed for operational performance risks such as impacts to Capacity, Reliability, Scalability and Transaction Performance
- Validating non functional requirements post deployment by monitoring production systems and comparing them to in flight development activities
- Working with DevOps, to ensure the availability, reliability, performance & security of the platform
- Continuous innovation in development practices, team processes and data management
- Provide cutting edge direction, by building a flexible solution that can be adapted/upgraded and staying in touch with the industry
You will have extensive years' experience in client delivery management and/or professional services, Performance and Chaos Engineering, as well as experience in client side automated performance monitoring against native mobile apps, including device statistics monitoring.
Your experience with Performance Testing Tools (JMeter, Performance Centre, Gatling) will help greatly in our team, along with strong experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
- Experience in Application and Infrastructure Performance Monitoring and Analytics Tools (such as Nagios, CA Wily Introscope, Splunk)
- Software development, programming or scripting languages (Java, J2EE, Ruby, Python, Perl, Shell Node.js, Groovy, Go)
- Linux administration (Debian, Ubuntu and RHEL) and standard UNIX utilities and programs
- Configuration management (e.g. Puppet, Chef or Ansible), Version control (Git, SVN), Database tech
- Understand how to design/architect a platform for the greatest performance and being able to understand the full distributed technology stack.
- Solid understanding in analysis techniques to isolate root cause associated with web and application in general use and at scale.
- Experience working in Agile environments and practicing Continuous Deployment and Integration
We believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too.We are the bank that backs the bold who move Australia forward.
We are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, endorsed as an employer for Women by Work180, have an African Australian Inclusion Program, Grad, Traineeship and Internship Programs. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace.
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. For more information please visit here.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let’s have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We’d love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend Back to search results
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time