Senior Full Stack Engineer
Job no: 743630
Business unit: Technology and Operations
Position location: VIC, Docklands, 700 Bourke St
Work type: Permanent Full time
Location: Aust - VIC Metro
At NAB, it's all about our people reaching their full potential.
The successful candidate will be a senior engineer with a wealth of experience including the ability to provide technical leadership, coaching and mentoring, and will have an operations mindset to enable the buildout of robust, secure and maintainable applications.
Your new role awaits
The role of Senior Analyst Engineering will provide critical thinking and a high degree of technical innovation and attention to detail while being recognised as a trusted advisor to the team and stakeholders. The characteristics include being versatile, displaying leadership qualities and enthusiasm to take on new problems across the full SDLC, ultimately assisting in moving technology forward.
We are looking for a very experienced full stack developer – but someone who is very strong in their front end craft, and in addition someone with some devops experience is an absolute bonus and would be highly regarded.
Day to day you will
- Work with teams to analyse business processes, procedures and user requirements in order to establish system requirements
- Develop solutions and specifications so that agreed requirements can be converted into functional systems
- Develop program and code technology applications / software solutions to meet agreed specifications
- Improve, enhance and correct systems as necessary
- Make initial diagnosis of problems, for a system or sub-system or apply known solutions, including documenting problems, progress checking, and escalation to ensure resolution
- Guide the team and the less experienced members in best practices and proactively helping the team achieving their sprint goals
You have experience in:
- Designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining and improving software
- Writing well-designed, testable code
- Producing specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrating software components into a fully functional software system
- Developing/contributing to software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
And the specifics – because we know you love detail!
- Software Engineering capabilities:
- Strong skills in front end development (Angular/React or HTL experience a plus)
- Strong skills in Java, Sling and the OSGi framework
- Automated unit and visual testing using tools.
- Working with other disciplines (such as UX and Solution design).
- Agile development practices.
- JIRA, Confluence and git.
- AEM development experience (or similar content management systems) is an absolute bonus but not critical
- On the devops side, experience with:
- AWS services including Lambda, CloudFront, CloudFormation, S3, EC2, RDS
- Automation and implementing of CI/CD pipelines
- Containerised applications such as ECS, Kubernetes, Docker
- Jenkins, Puppet, Groovy, Ansible
Your new team
This is role sits within NABs Digital Content platform who amongst other things, look after NAB.com, and you will play an important role in making sure that the software we build is at its finest. You will be joining a collaborative, fast paced and agile team that is passionate about creating a fantastic digital experience.
We believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too.We are the bank that backs the bold who move Australia forward.
We are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, endorsed as an employer for Women by Work180, have an African Australian Inclusion Program, Grad, Traineeship and Internship Programs. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace.
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. For more information please visit here.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let’s have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We’d love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend Back to search results
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time