Job no: 740757
Business unit: Technology and Operations
Position location: VIC, Docklands, 700 Bourke St
Work type: Permanent Full time
Location: Aust - VIC Metro
You and your new role:
As a Data Scientist will collaborate with line of business stakeholders, leveraging NAB’s technology and data to conduct discovery activities, and deliver advanced analytic insights to improve customer experience and add shareholder value. You will work within cross functional experiment teams, conducting experiments using advanced analytics and machine learning techniques to discover actionable insights.
You will be part of NAB’s Analytics Hub which exists to shift mindsets across the enterprise to empower and enable the analytics community to continually deliver the information and insights necessary to drive a world class customer experiences & market leading financial performance.
Further responsibilities include:
- Working on analytic experiments in the Analytics Hub
- Sharing knowledge and uplifting capabilities with analysts in the business
- Thought leadership in the approach to analytics at the bank
- Demonstrating value and benefit from advanced analytics to senior stakeholders
- Embedding analytics across NAB to drive a data driven culture
- Perform high quality analytics & provide access to data, platform and tools
- Drive innovative solutions for our customers powered by analytics
Your skills and experience:
You will have proven experience as a Data Scientist or Date Engineer with hands-on experience in developing Predictive Models and have solid understanding of Feature Engineering and Machine Learning techniques. You will be able to demonstrate critical thinking and curiosity to understand problems, communicate actionable insights and determine solutions while working in a fast paced, Agile environment.
To be successful you will need to be able to demonstrate some of the following skills:
- Proven hand-on experience of Spark/PySpark at enterprise grade
- Practical knowledge in Big Data Ecosystem, including Hadoop, MapReduce, YARN, and Hive
- Knowledge and proven experience of CI/CD pipeline in data science practice
- Proven experience of developing and deploying models with Python/PySpark, R/SparkR, Scala/Spark, TensorFlow or Keras.
- Knowledge in Cloud service (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Azure, etc.)
- Text Mining, Natural Language Processing, and analytics experience with unstructured data
- Knowledge in data warehouse and SQL
This role will also require effective stakeholder management skills and capability to influence outcomes.
Your new team
We know that life’s about more than money. That’s why we’re so driven to do great things in the tech and digital space. We are rapidly building top-notch data and analytics platforms in the cloud, with a new culture and ways of working; adopting FinTech start-up mentality and financial innovation. We are working more agile than ever, so that we can deliver a great banking experience to our customers.
We are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, endorsed as an employer for Women by Work180, have an African Australian Inclusion Program, Grad Programs, and Traineeship and Internship Programs. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace.
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let’s have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We’d love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend Back to search results
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time